Manzushir Monastery Tour
Manzushir Khiid or “Monastery” is located in the southern part of the mountain Bogd Khan Uul, at an altitude of 1800 meters above sea level. The monastery enjoys a beautifully stunning setting surrounded by a forest of Siberian larch with a backdrop of natural granite cliffs eroded into tors of huge rounded boulders. Many thousands have fallen from the cliffs to make a grassy spreading out to the forest. The monastery had over 20 temples and was once home to at least 300 monks but was destroyed in the 1930s. A reconstruction project is underway. The main temple has been restored and converted into a museum but the other buildings in the area remain in ruins. The ruins of the original monastery, dating from 1733, are clearly visible. A god image, carved in the granite rock at the monastery, is a unique historical and cultural exposition. There is a big boiling kettle with a diameter of 2.15 meters, a depth of 1.4 meters and capacity of one ton that is known to have been used here to cook food for 1000 people at one time. A brief visit to a small but interesting nature museum will introduce you to some of the wildlife and natural beauty of the area.
During the year around
Tour price for 2019:
|Group size||Cost pp||Winter cost|
Note: -Price USD/ per person
-Single supplement is available at USD
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Transportation by private car with fuel
- Experienced driver
- Guiding/ interpreting service
- A bottle of water, daily
- Entrance fees for museum & protected areas
SERVICE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Alcoholic drinks
- Video and photographing fees
- Extra and optional activities’ cost
- Tips for guide and driver
- Every 16th member is free for group tours
- Who brings minimum 3 pax
- More attractive prices for more pax.
Tour itinerary day by day
Exp: (Ger - a Mongolian traditional dwelling /Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 1. Ulaanbaatar – Manzushir - Ulaanbaatar.
- Meet at your hotel/ accommodations in the morning and we will drive southwest to Manzushir.
- Visit a small, but interesting natural museum and learn about the wildlife and natural condition of the area.
- See a large boiling pot that is known to have been used here to cook food for 1000 people at one time. -Have a picnic lunch. (Lunch)
- Visit the reconstructed main temple and the other temple ruins of Manzushir.
- Then a short and challenging walk will bring you to the unique historical and cultural expositions of god images carved in the granite rock.
- Here you will enjoy the best view of the Manzushir area.
- Visit a nomadic family on the way back and learn about Mongolia’s traditional nomadic way of the life.
- Drive back to Ulaanbaatar city and transfer to your hotel/ accommodations.