Manzushir Monastery Tour10 % OFF
Manzushir Khiid or “Monastery” is located in the southern part of the mountain Bogd Khan Uul, at an altitude of 1800 meters above sea level. The monastery enjoys a beautifully stunning setting surrounded by a forest of Siberian larch with a backdrop of natural granite cliffs eroded into tors of huge rounded boulders. Many thousands have fallen from the cliffs to make a grassy spreading out to the forest. The monastery had over 20 temples and was once home to at least 300 monks but was destroyed in the 1930s. A reconstruction project is underway. The main temple has been restored and converted into a museum but the other buildings in the area remain in ruins. The ruins of the original monastery, dating from 1733, are clearly visible. A god image, carved in the granite rock at the monastery, is a unique historical and cultural exposition. There is a big boiling kettle with a diameter of 2.15 meters, a depth of 1.4 meters and capacity of one ton that is known to have been used here to cook food for 1000 people at one time. A brief visit to a small but interesting nature museum will introduce you to some of the wildlife and natural beauty of the area.
During the year around
Tour price for 2019:
|Group size||Cost pp||Winter cost|
Note: -Price USD/ per person
-Single supplement is available at USD
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Transportation by private car with fuel
- Experienced driver
- Guiding/ interpreting service
- A bottle of water, daily
- Entrance fees for museum & protected areas
SERVICE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Alcoholic drinks
- Video and photographing fees
- Extra and optional activities’ cost
- Tips for guide and driver
- Every 16th member is free for group tours
- Who brings minimum 3 pax
- More attractive prices for more pax.
Tour itinerary day by day
Exp: (Ger - a Mongolian traditional dwelling /Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 1. Ulaanbaatar – Manzushir - Ulaanbaatar.
- Meet at your hotel/ accommodations in the morning and we will drive southwest to Manzushir.
- Visit a small, but interesting natural museum and learn about the wildlife and natural condition of the area.
- See a large boiling pot that is known to have been used here to cook food for 1000 people at one time. -Have a picnic lunch. (Lunch)
- Visit the reconstructed main temple and the other temple ruins of Manzushir.
- Then a short and challenging walk will bring you to the unique historical and cultural expositions of god images carved in the granite rock.
- Here you will enjoy the best view of the Manzushir area.
- Visit a nomadic family on the way back and learn about Mongolia’s traditional nomadic way of the life.
- Drive back to Ulaanbaatar city and transfer to your hotel/ accommodations.