Khustai National Park - 1 day tour
Khustai National Park is located in Altanbulag Sum, Tuv Province. Khustai has 506 square km area and was established in 1993. The park protects the wild horse “Takhi”, also known as Przewalski’s wild horse in the world, and a bio-diversity of other rare wild animals and plants. The quantity of various ecosystems within the park assures an abundance of wildlife. Till now 46 mammal, 172 bird, 2 amphibian, 3 reptile, 16 fish and over 289 insect species have been recorded. Many of these are mentioned in the Red Data Book as globally threatened with extinction such as the Przewalski’s horse, Mongolian gazelle, red deer, Argali sheep, grey wolf, fox, marmot and many more.
Ongot Monument or Grave. The area in and around the Khustai NP is rich with archaeological and cultural sites. The most famous and spectacular site is called Ongot grave or monument. Over one thousand years ago, ancient Turkic state people carved the grave stones like in which man-like features can easily be recognized.
|Tour code: SD-4
During the year
Tour price for 2017:
| Group size
||Price USD/ per person
More attractive prices for more pax.
|Included in the price:
- Transportation by private car with fuel
- Experienced driver
- Guiding/ interpreting service
- A bottle of water, daily
- Entrance fees for museum & protected areas
|Excluded in the price:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Extra and optional activities’ cost
- Tips for guide and driver
- Every 16th member is free for group tours
- Who brings minimum 3 pax
Ulaanbaatar – Khustai National Park – Ongot Monument - Ulaanbaatar.
- Meet at your hotel/ accommodations in the morning and we will drive west to Khustai National Park.
- Visit a small museum of the Takhi and learn about the park and wild horse Takhi.
- Watch a short documentary film about Khustai National Park, Przewalski’s wild horse and Takhi re-introduction project.
- Have lunch at the camp restaurant. (Lunch)
- Visit and see the ancient Ongot Monuments and grave.
- Enjoy seeing the wild horse and other wildlife in the park.
- Enjoy take pictures.
- Drive back to Ulaanbaatar city and transfer to your hotel/ accommodations.